One of the main reasons why companies often fail to achieve their goals is because they are unable to communicate these goals clearly to their employees. In this article, we would take a look at how effective business communication plays a pivotal role in marking the success of corporations.
Let’s start of by understanding what business communication is exactly; the phrase refers to phenomenon of sharing information throughout the hierarchy inside the company, and to the clients outside of it. Unlike normal communication, business communication is always goal-oriented.
However, despite the importance of effectively communicating their goals to their employees, large firms often face many challenges in establishing effective communication to enhance productivity and reach their objectives. Thus, it is vital for both the employees and the overlooking managers to understand the fundamental importance of business communication.
While there are countless benefits of being thorough with your colleagues, I would like to list down some of the most important ones:
- Engages employees and reduces the likelihood of valuable information getting lost
- Reduces the email clutter and therefore the carbon footprint of the company
- Improves collaborations between departments thereby increasing the probability of more versatile ideas and robust growth.
- Allows the employees to take charge of the company and make sincere efforts towards its growth
- Improves general productivity and builds a better working environment, which decreases the chances of losing valuable workers.
- Improves the quality of products/services that the company offers, thereby increasing customer loyalty.
However, in this day and age, especially because of the current pandemic, we companies are often forced to resort to remote work which can present a huge challenge in effective communication because of the lack of proper infrastructure at homes, and various other unprecedented technical challenges.
Nevertheless, it does not mean that you should back down from trying to get all the workforce on the same page. From the way things have been going, it seems like COVID is here to stay which means that remote work is not going away anytime soon. Hence, maintaining business communication best practices even during remote work is something that we all need to prioritize now.
So, keep your heads up, your webcams non-smudged, and make sure you don’t get frustrated when you have to explain something to your colleague 4 times because of the poor-quality internet. We are all in this together ☺